BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
1) This product is specifically designed for installation on the outside of the vehicle.
2) Required Items include an installation squeegee, masking tape, glass cleaner, dry paper towels, measuring tape or ruler.
3) Do not apply any vinyl graphics in direct sunlight. Make sure it is between 60 degrees and 80 degrees F. Park the vehicle in the garage in the shade. Let cool for 30 minutes if hot.
4) Do not store unapplied graphics in direct sunlight – damage may occur.
5) All dirt, grease and wax must be removed from the car surface before the decal is applied. This includes wax from mechanical car washes, rain-x, compound, etc. Failure to take this step may result in the decal not sticking to the vehicle surface.
STEP 1 – UNPACK THE SHIPPING CONTAINER – Remove decals from packaging. Lay decals flat on a smooth table in an area that is at least 60° F and below 80° F.
STEP 2 – PREPARE THE SURFACE – The most important step during decal installation is making sure the installation area is clean and dry. Make sure there is NO WAX, RAIN-X, COMPOUND, lint, dust, or other residue on the surface. Remove all wax, compound residue, car wash protestants, etc with rubbing or denatured alcohol. After cleaning the surface, go over the surface with regular glass cleaner.
STEP 3 – FIND DESIRED LOCATION OF THE STRIPES – Using a string or other line, place it over the vehicle from the front to the back in the desired location for the stripes. Be sure that the string is symmetrically centered on the vehicle. Mark this location with a pencil of other nonpermanent marking device at the front and the rear of each body panel. This will serve as the location of the edge of the stripes.
STEP 4 – PLACE THE STRIPES – Measure the length of each body panel to which the stripe is to be applied. Lay the stripe section over the area of the vehicle, trimming the excess stripe off one end (leave at least an inch extra) Save all cut off pieces, as they can be used to cover bumpers and fins.
STEP 5 – SECURE THE STRIPES – Place a strip of masking tape at one end of the stripe, as this will hold the end of the stripe while installing. Working from that end to the other, slowly peel back the release paper 1/2 way down and spray the body surface with a fine mist of water solution (not soapy solution). With a squeegee, apply the stripe to the body panel working from the center of the stripe outward. As you work further down the stripe, slowly continue to remove the backing paper as needed. Slowly continue to apply the stripe with the squeegee, applying even pressure across the width of the stripe.
STEP 6 – REMOVE THE TRANSFER PAPER – Once the entire piece is applied, remove the masking tape from the end of the stripe. Next remove the transfer tape covering, carefully pulling parallel to the surface of the vehicle (NOT UP BUT SIDEWAYS).
STEP 7 – FINISH INSTALLATION – Any small air pockets can be easily removed by first placing a small hole in the bubble (small hole, not large slice). Then moisten the squeegee edge with water and slide the squeegee along the surface of the stripe where the bubble is, working the air towards the hole.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Once the decal is installed, to keep it looking new, simply wash it whenever you wash the vehicle. You can apply car wax, clearcoat, or RainEx over the decal once it is applied. your new decal will give you years of great looks. If you are in cold climate be careful when using an ice scraper on any surface where decals are applied.